If you need technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chromebooks, which are laptop devices made by Google, give students the opportunity to enhance and personalize their learning experiences with the guidance of their teachers. Chromebooks provide convenient ways for students to ask questions, look up assignments, do classwork and collaborate with one another beyond the confines of the typical classroom.
As part of Hudson City School District’s goal of integrating technology into the curriculum and cultivating 21st-century skills, the district’s 1:1 Chromebook initiative aims to provide all students in Grades 2-12 with Chromebook laptops to use throughout the school year. The term “1:1” means each student has their very own Chromebook for individual use. In addition to enhancing educational opportunities for students and teachers alike, the 1:1 Chromebook initiative allows us to use less paper and be more “green” than ever before.
To meet the needs of students of all ages, the Chromebook initiative will look slightly different at each grade level:
- Read about the Grades 2-5 – In-Classroom Model
- Grades 6-8 (more info coming soon)
- Grades 9-12 (more info coming soon)
Policies and Forms
- Code of Conduct (5300)
- Computer Use in Instruction (4526)
- Computer Use in Instruction Regulation (4526-R)
- Computer/Network Acceptable Use Form (4526-E)
- Internet Safety Policy (4526.1)
- Internet Safety Policy Regulation (4526.1-R)
Network Certificate for Guests
To access the school network, guests will need to follow these instructions to enable the network certificate for guests.