Please help us ensure a safe and smooth arrival/dismissal each day by following the drop off and pick up procedures outlined on this page.
Morning drop off and afternoon pick up of JHS students should take place in the south parking lot ONLY (next to the Elks Lodge). The main entrance/bus loop is for school staff and school buses ONLY. Parent drop off/pick up will not be permitted to come down the main bus loop. See the map below.
- Please drop off your student(s) as close to 8 a.m. as possible.
- When pulling up to the curb along the side of the building, please pull as far forward as possible before dropping off your child so that traffic doesn’t get backed up.
- Please keep your child in the car until they have received a temperature check and approval to exit the vehicle.
- Students must be wearing a mask/face covering before exiting the vehicle and entering the school.
- Students who are dropped off/walk to school should enter the building through the side entrance (facing the Elks Lodge). See the map below.
- Please drive carefully and be patient.
Please follow the traffic pattern below to help minimize vehicle hazards in the bus loop:
If you have a student to be dropped off/picked up at the Senior High School, please use the north entrance next to the electronic sign (intersection of Harry Howard Ave & Joslen Blvd).
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this important safety matter. Please contact the JHS main office at 518-828-4360 (ext. 8100) if you have any questions or concerns.
Dismissal & Early Pick Up
Regular dismissal is at 2:37 p.m. If you plan to pick up your child before dismissal, please send a note or a phone call in advance to notify the main office of early pick-up plans (518-828-4360, ext. 8100).