The Hudson City School District, in partnership with our community, advances the intellectual, social and emotional development of all students to prepare them for college, career and citizenship.
Destination Graduation to Occupation
“Destination Graduation to Occupation” is our commitment to raise the bar, close the gap, align our curriculum and instruction to more rigorous standards, and advance the social-emotional development of our students. This mantra helps shape our approach to PK-12 education.
Destination Graduation to Occupation is our mission is to sufficiently prepare all students for life after high school graduation—whether they choose college or directly enter the workforce. College may not be the next step for all students, but gainful employment is a fundamental step for all. Destination Graduation to Occupation is a systemic vision, beginning long before our students reach high school.
We are continually looking to grow the college- and career-focused opportunities available to our students as we continue to recognize the importance of preparing all Hudson graduates for life after high school. From pre-kindergarten through high school, we look for ways to provide our students with solid foundations for achieving academic success, obtaining a job and succeeding in their employment.
Vision 2020 Goals
Goal 1: Raise the Bar
- 85% or higher District graduation rate for “All Students” group
- 60% or higher “All Students” group achieves 75% on CC ELA Regents
- 20% or higher “All Students” group achieves 80% on CC Math Regents
- 80% of Freshman & Sophomore students attain no less than 5.5 credits
- 35% or higher “All Students” group meets or exceeds NYS CC 3 – 8 ELA proficiency target
- 29% or higher “All Students” group meets or exceeds NYS CC 3 – 8 Math proficiency target
- 62% or higher K-2 students meet or exceed Fountas & Pinnell reading level expectations
Goal 2: Close the Gap
- 85% avg. or higher building graduation rate for All Subgroups
- 60% or higher HS students accrue at least 1 college or career (vocational) credit
- 25% avg. or higher 3-8 students meet or exceed NYS CC ELA/Math proficiency targets for All Subgroups
- 67% or higher Gr. 2 students meet or exceed Fountas & Pinnell reading level expectations
Goal 3: Align Curriculum and Instruction
- 28% or higher mastery of CC ELA/Math standards as evidenced by Gr. 3-8 benchmark exams
- 60% or higher “All Students” group achieves 75% CC ELA Regents
- 20% or higher “All Students” group achieves 80% CC Math Regents
- 100% students engaged in rigorous, differentiated and challenging curriculum that prepares them for college and career as evidenced by classroom observations
- 75% K-12 curricula mapped and implemented to provide a guaranteed, viable curriculum to all students as evidenced by Rubicon Atlas and classroom observations
Goal 4: Promote Social-Emotional Learning
- 76% or higher parent/community involvement and attendance at all school sponsored events
- 80% or higher student engagement in extracurricular, athletic, community service Grades 7-12
- 80% or higher community partnerships to provide mentors, internships and opportunities
- 80% or higher students adhering to Code of Conduct in each school
Adopted by the HCSD Board of Education on November 5, 2018