There are a variety of clubs and activities available to students at Hudson High School. From art to science to mentorship opportunities, there is something for everyone!
Art Club (Advisor: Ms. Albino)
- Meets Tuesdays after school in Room 139. All are welcomed.
Brain Bee (Advisor: Mr. McDarby)
- Overview: The Brain Bee completion involves High School students competing against students from other Albany area schools on their knowledge of the brain and the nervous system.
- Meetings: 2:45-3:30 p.m. on the 1st and 4th Wednesdays and the 2nd and 3rd Fridays of each month (through February). We meet in Room S104.
Drama Club (Advisor: Mrs. Rees)
- Meetings: 2:45-3:30 p.m. on Tuesdays
Environmental Club (Advisor: Mr. McDarby)
- Overview: The club’s duties include overseeing the recycling program at H.H.S., assisting local organizations with environmental activities, and raising money for worthwhile environmental causes.
- Meetings: 2:45 p.m. on the 1st Tuesday of every month (with additional meetings as necessary) in Room S104.
Envirothon (Advisor: Mr. McDarby)
- Overview: The Envirothon Team learns about New York State Wildlife, Aquatics, Forestry and Soils, and then competes against other schools from the Hudson Valley region.
- Meetings: 2:45-4 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday through May in Room S104.
Game Club (Advisor: Mr. Renner)
- Students have fun while learning the spirit of competition and fair play with games like Magic the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, Chess, Checkers and other board games. Students have options to hold Magic the Gathering Two-Headed Giant tournaments and/or a Modern tournament on the last regular Friday.
- Meeting times are Fridays from 2:40-4:30 p.m. in the High School Library.
Gay Straight Alliance (Advisors: Ms. Pare, Ms. Roehr and Ms. Engel)
- Meets every other Thursday (first and third Thursdays) during lunch in the back room of the HHS library. Extra meetings will be posted.
- Everyone is welcomed to attend.
Math Club (Advisors: Mr. Fay and Mrs. Pare)
- Making Math Magical! The Math Club meets during lunch and/or after school. Contact Mr. Fay or Mrs. Pare for meeting times.
Mentor Foundation (Advisor: Ms. Vera)
- Attention Seniors: Our peer-to-peer program is designed to dispel the myths surrounding drug abuse and provide youth a platform to speak up and out against drugs. By focusing on the innate talents and strengths that young people already have, they become their biggest advocates for staying drug–free. We empower youth to speak up and out against drugs and provide them a platform to be heard. Through interactive outreach campaigns and listening to our youth, we provide the tools for them to become their own advocates for staying drug-free.
Mock Trial (Advisor: Mrs. Naramore)
- Mock Trial is a competition created by the New York Bar Association. We “try” a case against other regional schools throughout the area.
- We meet every Monday after school in Room 54.
Multicultural Club (Advisors: Ms. Rodriguez and Ms. Talma)
- The Multicultural Club is open to every student and it encourages students to express and learn about themselves while enjoying the company of other students and staff.
- Meetings are every Friday during lunch in Room 24.
National Honor Society (Advisor: Ms. Rom)
- A national organization which recognizes academic excellence, leadership, service and character.
Photo/Video Club (Advisor: Mr. Wheeler)
- Learn the basics of photography and videography
- Meets on Tuesdays at 2:40 p.m. (after school) in Room 21B
Poetry Cafe (Advisor: Mrs. Wheeler)
- Food for the body and food for the soul…A place to bring poetry, quotes and song lyrics you love… read it, write it, perform it, discuss it or just sit and listen (and have some lunch, too!).
- Meets on Tuesdays during lunch time in Room 5 (the Writing Center)
Robotics Club (Team 1665 Weapons of Mass Construction) (Advisor: Mr. Beyer)
- Students engage in hands-on, activity-based college and career awareness focusing on the Health and Science fields. Scrub Club involves field trips, guest speakers, presentations, video conferencing and more to provide students with opportunities to learn about and experience a wide array of careers related to Health, Science and Medicine.
- Meetings are every other Friday during lunch in the HHS library (meeting reminders will be announced)
Students Against Destructive Decisions/SADD
Student Council (Advisors: Mrs. Abitabile and Mrs. Bender)
- This organization is developed to promote student ideas for improving the school community. It consists of representatives elected from the various classes. Council officers are elected by the entire Student Council.
- Meets every Thursday after school.
The Owl Student Newspaper (Advisors: Mrs. Cipollari and Mrs. Near)
- There is a student editor as well as student contributors who write about various school activities and people.
- Meetings are held after school (look for meeting dates on the morning announcements). See Ms. Cipollari or Mrs. Near for more information on how you can become part of The Owl staff.
Varsity Club (Advisor: Mrs. Flint)
- Varsity Athletes doing service for the school and community.
- Meets on Mondays during lunch in Room S100
Yearbook (Advisors: Mrs. Keyser and Mrs. Nowak)
- Designs and produces the Senior High School yearbook
- Meeting dates/times TBD