Children must be five years of age or older on or before December 1st of the current calendar year to be eligible to enter kindergarten this coming fall. Students must also reside within the Hudson City School District.
Make a Screening Appointment
Kindergarten screenings will take place in July 2021. Please see this letter and attached form to let us know your preferences for a screening date and return to the Montgomery C. Smith Elementary School main office as soon as possible.
All attempts will be made to honor your first choice, however the screening slots fill up quickly and the date/time of your choice may be full if you delay. Please contact Mrs. Carrasco in the main office at 518-828-4360 ext. 1113 if you have any questions.
In addition to the Screening, you must also “Register” your child for Kindergarten. A registration packet, complete with instructions, will be mailed to parents/guardians along with the screening appointment form. Please return the completed registration packet, including the supporting documentation, to Mrs. Carrasco in the MCSES main office (102 Harry Howard Ave, Hudson). Materials can be submitted in advance or on the date of your screening appointment.
You will need the following documents to register your child for kindergarten:
- Completed registration packet
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (such as a utility bill, lease, or notorized letter from a landlord)
- Parent/guardian photo identification (such as a driver’s license or state-issued ID card)
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Current health physical and proof of up-to-date immunizations (visit our Health Office page for immunization information)
Questions? Contact the MCSES main office at 518-828-4360 ext. 1113.