Dear Class of 2020 Parents/Guardians and Students,
Congratulations! You have made it to your senior year! As we approach the excitement of your final year of high school, we have many events, fundraisers, and activities to plan for and execute in the next 12 months. In an effort to keep everyone informed and abreast of these events, we have compiled a list of important dates for your senior year. Please keep this document handy for the year.
Please also remember that each student is responsible for paying Senior Dues. This is a one time payment of $55 to cover the cost of cap & gown, yearbook, and senior t-shirt. We will begin collecting senior dues when senior t-shirts come in.
Senior Year Important Dates and Events:
- September 5 – Senior Class Assembly
- September 6 – Senior Class Meeting after school:
- Homecoming info and tickets will be distributed
- September 11 – Parent Information Meeting – 6 p.m. in Auditorium (you must sell $150 worth of homecoming tickets to be on the court).
- September 13 – first home football game. Seniors are required to have 3 parents and 7 students work the concession stand to raise money to help your class pay for your yearbooks. Each Senior receives a yearbook if they have paid their class dues. We need A LOT of donations and volunteers in order to actually make money and not lose money.
- September 20 – second home football game. Same requirements as the first.
- September 27 – Senior Information paper due to yearbook
- October 9 – Homecoming Tickets and money must be returned by this date
- October 11 – third home football game. Same requirements as the first.
- October 10 – Senior Portraits due to the yearbook
- October 18 – Homecoming Football Game. Seniors are required to have 3 parents and 7 students work the concession stand to raise money for your yearbook. Senior parents are also required to work the gate. Junior parents will take over just before halftime
- October 18 – (Homecoming) “The KickBack” at 9pm or right after the homecoming game until midnight (12am). Come celebrate our senior football players and with our court. Music, snacks and football highlights. $5 entry fee at the door. (This is still tentative. We are not sure if we can do this or not).
- June 4 – Senior Awards Night
- June 6 – Senior Prom at Anthony’s
- June 22 – Graduation Rehearsal 10:00 am, Senior Picnic to follow
- June 24 – Baccalaureate 7:00pm-Trinity Methodist Church, Joslen Boulevard, Hudson
- June 26 – Graduation at 7:00pm
In addition to this tentative list, we have also had a “Remind” group since freshman year in order to make sure everyone receives up to date information and announcements throughout the school year. For those of you who haven’t already done so we highly encourage students AND parents to sign up for this. Please follow the directions at the bottom of this sheet to do so. We also ask all students to ALWAYS check their SCHOOL EMAIL as that is our best way to communicate with them and the most efficient way to document everything that is going on throughout the school year.
We look forward to a productive and thoroughly enjoyable senior year!
To sign up for remind
Text to: 81010
In the text box type: @hud2020
If you have any questions, ideas, or concerns, please contact us through email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message through the “Remind” group mentioned above. Have a wonderful summer!
Thanks to our class officers:
President– Pierre Jeune
Vice President– Osman Gofran
Secretary– Martha Santos-Canarte
Treasurer– Fariah Sultana
Jamie Weiss (Rodriguez) and Scott Vorwald
Class of 2020 Advisors