This page will be updated as new resources are received. Last updated on March 27, 2020
During this time, students and teachers are encouraged to collaborate on remote instruction and online learning opportunities. The goal is to provide learning opportunities that reinforce previously covered materials to prevent regression (not to impart new or difficult content). If possible, we encourage students and parents to check email frequently to maintain the school/family relationship during this time of extended closure.
Below is a list of resources to support students with online learning opportunities and remote instruction (organized by grade level/building as well as content area). Each teacher and grade level will be different, however we compiled this general webpage to outline the various digital learning resources at our disposal.
Elementary students were sent home with schoolwork. If you need to pick up copies of student work, please contact the MCSES main office and make an appointment to pick it up (518-828-4360, ext. 1112).
This document contains links and information for K-2 online learning and enrichment opportunities.
This document contains links and information for Grades 3-5 online learning and enrichment opportunities.
K-5 Resources by Subject
- GregTangMath.com – free K-5 math resources
- Mystery Science – free popular science lessons and activities that align with current standards (organized by grade level)
This document outlines how junior high school teachers will be providing at-home learning opportunities for students. Some teachers provided packets and workbooks, and many teachers will utilize Google Classroom to connect with their students.
This document outlines how high school teachers will be providing at-home learning opportunities for students. Some teachers provided packets and workbooks, and many teachers will utilize Google Classroom to connect with their students.
Click here for the Parents’ Guide to Google Classroom.
This Google Folder contains information about how to use many Google features such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Hangouts and Google Meet.
Other Educational Resources
- PBS (WMHT) Home Classroom – Dozens of online and television resources covering many subjects and age ranges
Mental Health & Wellness
- Mental Health & Anxiety video resources
- Taking Care of your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
- Mini Meditation
- Down Dog App, which includes the apps Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7-Minute Workout, is free until April 1st and has exercises you can do at home
- Feeling Anxious Or Worried? Listen To These 8 Podcasts
- Coronavirus Anxiety: 4 Ways to Cope with Fear
- Help Kids Manage Anxiety around the Coronavirus (3 Expert Videos)
- Care for your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Expert Offers Practical Advice to Manage Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Anxiety About COVID-19
Contact your/your child’s teacher directly with questions. Contact information is in the Staff Directory.
If you need technical assistance, please contact email@example.com. Tech support will be available from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Monday-Friday) and will respond as soon as they are able. Please allow time for a response as they may be experiencing a larger volume of messages than usual.
If you need any of the above resources in a different format, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.