The Hudson Bluehawk Nation Afterschool Program (HBN ASP) is divided into multiple sessions throughout the school year.
Session 1 runs from September 9 through November 12, 2021 (note: the Nest program at HJHS begins on Monday, September 27th). Registration forms for Kindergarten-Grade 5 were sent home in August. Completed registration forms for Session 1 must be returned to the Afterschool Program at M.C. Smith Elementary School by Monday, August 16th. A lottery drawing will take place on that date at 4 p.m. You will be notified by HBN ASP staff as to whether your child has gotten into the program or is on a waiting list. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Joanne Allie at 518-828-4360, ext. 1163.
Note: Students can register after the start date and still participate in the session if open spots are available.
Session 1 Important Dates:
- Monday, October 11, 2021 – No school/no ASP (Columbus Day)
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 – No school/no ASP (Veterans Day)
- Session 2 is Monday, November 15, 2021 through Friday, January 28, 2022
- Session 3 is Monday, January 31 through Thursday, April 14, 2022 (schools are closed on Good Friday, April 15th)
- Session 4 is Monday, April 25 through Friday, June 17, 2022
Hours are 2:45–5:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. Click here for information about picking up students from the afterschool program.
A bus is available at 5 p.m. daily to drop students off at limited locations – not door to door. Click here to see the bus routes and drop-off locations. Students MUST sign up on the registration form to be eligible to take the bus.
It is a requirement of our grant that students attending the Little Hawks and Hatch programs (Grades K-5) must attend every day.
A FREE bag dinner and drink is provided daily.
Students attending the program at the Jr. High School have a flexible schedule and daily attendance is not required.
Programs offered will be changed every 8-9 weeks.
This program is licensed through the Columbia County Child Care Council. Late registrants will be put on waiting list.
Full time staff includes a Program Director and Site Coordinators. Click here for contact information.
Part time staff includes: teachers, adults, college students, and high school CIT who were former participants in the HBN ASP. Click here for employment information.
- Little Hawks (Grades K-1) ~ 110 enrolled and serve 100 daily
- Hatch (Grades 2-5) ~ 200 enrolled and serve 150 daily
- Nest at Hudson Junior High School (Grades 6-8) ~ serve 50 daily
- Senior High School (Grades 9-12) ~ provides clubs and courses for students to earn credit toward graduation and summer school
Policies and Regulations
The HBN ASP is registered through the Columbia County Child Care Council and required to follow strict regulations regarding staff/student ratio, staff fingerprinting and clearance, staff training, appropriate materials and supplies and documentation materials. We are periodically evaluated to ensure policies are followed.