Lights On Afterschool
Our annual event to celebrate Lights on Afterschool is scheduled for Thursday, October 24, 2019. There will be free food and fun for all as you enjoy the showcase of our nationally recognized afterschool program! Click here for more details.
Advisory Board Meetings
Help make our afterschool program even better by participating in the HBN ASP Advisory Board! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas about:
- nearby locations for potential field trips
- finding quality staff members and innovative instructors
- how the program is going
- what activities/services you’d like to see
- and more!
Sub sandwiches will be provided and childcare is also available! Please send an RSVP to Arelis Soto at 518-828-4360, ext. 3192, prior to each meeting. Join us at any or all the meetings during the school year and let your voice be heard:
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Advisory Board meetings take place from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Hudson Junior High School Library. Parents, community partners, members of the school community and student participants are all invited to attend.
Special HBN ASP Events
Events and field trips included:
- Hawthorne Valley Farm in Ghent
- Katchkie Farm in Kinderhook
- Sports games at Bard College
Other activities may include:
- Lights On Afterschool – a national event to spotlight positive activities available during afterschool hours
- “Flip Day” allows students to trade places with the staff for a day
- Advocacy Day in Albany