Kindergarten screenings will take place in person on Tuesday, April 11, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday, April 12, 2023 from 12-6 p.m. at Montgomery C. Smith Elementary School. To schedule your time slot and to get on the mailing list, please contact Mrs. Carrasco in the main office at 518-828-4360 ext. 1113.
In addition to the Screening, you must also “Register” your child for kindergarten before they can begin attending school. A registration packet with instructions will be mailed to parents/guardians. If you need a registration packet BEFORE the screening on April 11 or April 12, 2023, contact Mrs. Carrasco at 518-828-4360 ext. 1113 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a registration packet AFTER the screening on April 11 or 12, 2023, contact the Registration Office at 518-828-4360 ext. 2100 or email@example.com
Please return the completed registration packet, including the supporting documentation below, to Mrs. Carrasco in the MCSES main office (102 Harry Howard Ave, Hudson). Materials can be submitted in advance or on the date of your screening appointment. Please note: If any documents are missing or forms are incomplete, the registration cannot be processed. Your child can still participate in the kindergarten screening, however they cannot start attending school until all documentation is submitted and the registration process is completed.
You will need the following documents to register your child for kindergarten:
- Completed registration packet
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (such as a utility bill, lease, or notorized letter from a landlord)
- Parent/guardian photo identification (such as a driver’s license or state-issued ID card)
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Current health physical and proof of current immunizations (visit our Health Office page for immunization information, under the “Policies” heading)
If you have questions, please contact the MCSES main office at 518-828-4360 ext. 1113.