Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are so excited to be entering the 2022-2023 school year! We look forward to the many educational opportunities and experiences that we will be able to offer our students this year! We are also thrilled to be welcoming our new assistant principal, Kristen Strothmann to our MCSES team.
The first day of the 2022-2023 school year for students is Wednesday, September 7, 2022. The school day begins at 8 a.m. Drop-off begins at 7:30 a.m. for Kindergarten-Grade 5, and at 7:45 a.m. for Pre-Kindergarten. If you require an earlier drop-off time, please contact Miss Strattman at email@example.com. Students must be dropped off in the front of the building, using the lane closest to the school only. All students must be at school by 8 a.m.
Upon arrival, any K-5 students who would like breakfast will go to the cafeteria. Pre-K will eat breakfast at 8:15 and then be escorted directly to their classrooms. There will be breakfast on the first day of school. Grades K-5 will be outside before school starts except in cases of inclement weather. During inclement weather, and on the first three mornings of school, K-1 will be in our small gym, 2-3 will be in the auditorium and 4-5 will be in the large gym to be picked up by their teachers. Lunch for all grades will be in the cafeteria.
- Buses will leave at 2:45 p.m.
- Pick-up for Pre-K will be at 2:35 p.m. in the front of the building.
- K-5 pick-up will be in the back bus loop at 3 p.m. (we hope to move this time back to 2:50 after the first few weeks of school once the buses are running on a more regular schedule).
- Parents/guardians should remain in the car, and we will be distributing rearview mirror tags to identify cars.
- Please make sure we have updated emergency contact information to ensure the school knows who can pick up your child(ren).
- At this time, changes to daily dismissal routines are not possible as they could disrupt our safety plan. Students who take the bus will go on the bus every day and pickups will be the same each day.
Afterschool Program applications were mailed, and copies are available in the main office. All K-5 students are eligible for the afterschool program. For more information go to www.hudsoncsd.org/afterschool/program-information.