Dear M. C. Smith Parents and Guardians,
We hope that you have all been enjoying your summer! Our dedicated faculty is excited to be back in person for the 2021-2022 school year. As we move to the start, we want to take this opportunity to thank you for your past and future support of our district. Here is some information about drop off/pick up:
- Bus passes will be given out on the first day of school. Bus routes and times will be on the district website when they are available. We need 48 hours notice in writing for a permanent bus change.
- Drop off time will be between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. in the front of the building (see image here). Students will be marked tardy starting at 8:05.
- Pick up will be in the back of the building starting at 3:00 p.m. for grades K-5. Pre-K will be in the front of the building at 2:30 p.m. (see image here). Buses will leave before parent pickup.
- Parents who need to pick up their child early must pick them up by 2:00 p.m. and notify the school before noon of any early pickups.
- Per district policy, all excuses must be handed in within 3 days of the absence otherwise absence will remain unexcused. Students who have 10 or more unexcused absences will not be able to participate in field trips and other school activities outside the classroom.
We look forward to seeing you soon and to an exciting new school year!
Mark Brenneman & Ian MacCormack