Per the New York State Public High School Athletic Association, the Patroon Conference will be following New York State Department of Health Guidance for the reopening of sports during the COVID pandemic this Fall. The priority in the Conference is to keep our athletes, coaches, staff and communities healthy.
We ask that all spectators adhere to the following guidelines:
- Prior to leaving for an athletic event we request that spectators self screen at home. If a spectator shows signs or COVID or is running a temperature of 100 degrees or greater, then spectator(s) should stay home
- Only two (2) spectators are allowed per participant at each contest
- Spectators will be asked to sign in at the athletic contest for contact tracing purposes
- Masks are required to be worn at all times by all spectators. Spectators are encouraged to provide their own face covering
- Spectators are asked to bring their own chairs to outdoor contests to maintain social distance from spectators from other households
- Spectators will not interact with players, coaches or game personnel during the contest.
- DO NOT bring food to share with athletes (Example, halftime snacks)
- Spectators are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and water to events
- Spectators will refrain from, to the extent possible, touching athletic supplies (soccer balls, volleyballs, tennis balls, etc)
The districts will:
- provide event personnel, such as chaperones, at athletic contests to assist spectators. If you have any questions or concerns please address the concerns with the chaperones first.
- provide restroom facilities at events.
- clearly mark socially distanced spaces at events for spectators.
- not be providing concessions at events.
Working together we can minimize the risk of exposure at athletic events and ensure that the season can be maintained from start to finish.