Dear Hudson Staff, Students, Parents/Guardians:
The Hudson City School District is in the process of forming district-wide committees to inform and support a reopening plan for our schools. There will be a steering committee and four subcommittees. The steering committee and each subcommittee will be composed of administrators, Board of Education members, teachers, staff, students, and parents.
The District is seeking students and parents/guardians to volunteer and share their expertise on the following steering committee or a subcommittee:
- District-wide Steering Committee: This committee is responsible for organizing and operationalizing the recommendations of the subcommittees. The Steering Committee will be represented by all stakeholder groups to ensure the reopening plan reflects the best interests of the entire school community.
- Teaching & Learning Subcommittee: This subcommittee will be responsible for guiding the models for learning, scheduling, instructional planning, and learning plans for students as well as identifying needs for staff accordingly.
- Operations & Safety Subcommittee: This subcommittee will be responsible for supporting the instructional plan with facilities, transportation, food service and any other planning considerations that may be required.
- Health & Wellness Subcommittee: This subcommittee will be responsible for the hygiene, personal protective equipment (PPE), screening and social distancing, and any other safety considerations that may be required.
- Communications Subcommittee: This subcommittee will be responsible for gathering necessary information from external sources and will coordinate communications on the recommendations of the other subcommittees.
Volunteer expectations: Volunteers are expected to attend virtual meetings and attend these meetings prepared to discuss the resources provided and options for a safe reopening. The steering committee and subcommittees will begin the week of June 29 and meet regularly through the beginning of the school year. Subcommittee meetings will be held weekly at 4 p.m. and the steering committee will meet on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m.
Parents/guardians and students who are interested in serving on the steering committee or a subcommittee are encouraged to apply by filling out this form by the end of the day on Friday, June 26, 2020.